Pages

Monday 27 August 2018

Key into Evaluation

Key into Evaluation
Level Two Set T3


Evaluation requires the skills or reorganisation and inference.  Answers must come
from the information in the story. Look for keywords. Consider the writer’s intent.


As Bad as it Gets


The Worst Day of my Life


I don’t believe it.  Last week it was ‘The best day of my life’ and now it’s this.  
Why can’t Mr. Thoms have more imagination?


Groaning inwardly, Jaz rolled her eyes, and hoped for inspiration.


OK. Let’s see now. The day I lost my Barbie doll. I was only seven, but I remember
the pain. Or the day I tripped over in front of the whole football team. No, I don’t
want the entire universe to know about that.


The day old Rexie died was pretty awful. I still miss his great big eyes and waggy tail.
He was a lovely dog.


I know! The day Dad lost his job. No that was his worst day. Anyway, he wasn’t out
of work long.


The day I missed out on getting into the national swimming team by three lousy rotten
seconds.  They don’t come much worse than that.


There’s so much to choose from.  My life is full of worst days. This one’s not so good
either.  Now I think of it, I’ve had a terrible life.


Jaz looked over at her friend Elyse, who was adjusting her wheelchair to be closer to
the desk.  Injuries from a car accident last month meant that she would be like this for
another six weeks. She watched as Elyse started writing.  She wrote without pausing,
quickly filling the lines.


Jaz turned to her own desk, lowered her eyes and started writing:  Three days after I
turned seven, I took Crystal, my Barbie doll, out on a picnic...


a.  What kind of inspiration was Jaz hoping for?
Jaz was hoping for a good inspiration about something to wright.
b. What did Jaz mean by ‘Why can’t Mr Thoms have more imagination’?
I think Jaz was saying that ‘Why can’t Mr Thoms have more imagination’ Because they
were doing something boring.
c.  What was Elyse most likely writing about?
Elyse will most likely to be writing about how she got into the wheelchair.
d.  Why do you think that Elyse was able to write  ‘without pausing’?
Elyse was able to wright without pausing because she had a story to wright about what
happened to her.
Reaction question:


Do you think Jaz had had a terrible life?  Why do you say that?
No because the worst thing that has happen to her is losing her barbie doll.
Create activity:

Choose either of the writing topics Mr Thom had set and write your own personal recount.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.